Thursday, February 25, 2010

Explosions Rock Kibera! More news at Eleven.


Planet Earth was my place of birth
Born to be the SOLE controller of the universe
Besides the part of the map I hit first
Any a rhyme that I can adapt when it gets worst
The rough gets going, the going gets rough
When I start flowing, the mic might bust
The next state, I shake from the power I generate
People in Cali used to think it was earthquakes
- Eric B. and Rakim, "In The Ghetto"


A series of explosions have recently rocked and shook the foundations of Kibera, leaving a powerful trail of destruction in it's wake. Shortly after a great interview with Sururu and his crew, who together form the hip hop crew "The Hustlers", a simple freestyle performance outside Sururu's home turned into a barrage of intercontinental ballistic missiles of words and rhymes that both stunned and shocked, resulting in a massive explosion of Hip Hop that came suddenly and without any warning. Casualties are still mounting....more details to come, please stand by.
Photo above taken by Peter Opudo.

2 comments:

  1. My dear friend ... I can't even begin to find the words to tell you what a illustrious thing you are carrying out, can't wait to construe some more! Loving the quotes, especially the one from "ICECUBE"!

    “What you leave behind is not what is engraved in stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others.”

    keep doing what you do!
    "nuff-respect"
    ~aRiel~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey man, Thanks Ariel. Really appreciate your words.

    ReplyDelete