Tuesday, July 12, 2011

NXNE Recap.



It's been an extremely hectic summer, and I'm only now able to give a quick recap of the world premiere for Matatu Express. I'm sorry it's taken me so long to get to it. I have to say it was a success, and I'm really happy and proud to have been a part of it. I won't lie - I was a nervous wreck for the two weeks leading up to it, but once the day came, it was just a such a relief that I was finally fine. The film certainly seemed to be well received, and I had a great Q & A session after the second screening. I feel really lucky and honoured as well, because my film opened up for a really neat film called Made in Birmingham, which is a documentary that chronicles the rich musical history of Birmingham. I really enjoyed the film, and will soon be writing about it in my other blog Digitized Graffiti. The above photo courtesy of NXNE is a brief chat I had with Made in Birmingham Co-Producer Jez Collins between screenings. Thanks to NXNE and the NFB and everyone that came down to the screening!

No comments:

Post a Comment