Sunday, October 3, 2010

Sneak Preview Screening

On September 24th, 2010, Matatu Express had it's first sneak peek screening to a small invitation only audience at the Tequila Bookworm at 512 Queen Street West. The event was lots of fun. It was a packed house, and got a warm reception from the audience. After the film was screened I answered some questions from the audience. The reception was held on the balcony outside. I would be lying if I said I wasn't anxious about the evening, but I'm really happy to say that everything went swimmingly, and people were really interested in the subject of Kibera. I feel blessed that I have such great friends. Thanks to Jim Morrison for his creative input, my editor Agnes Dec, my sound designer Buck Moore, assistant editor Chris Wardle, my guide/photographer Peter Opudo, and everyone that took part in the film in Kibera. Thanks for making it happen. I'll keep posting news on which festivals will be playing Matatu around the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment