Wednesday, January 6, 2010

The Final Frontier


Despite a bit of a rocky start, where my plane from Toronto to Warsaw was delayed about an hour and a half, I have survived the journey so far. I have made it to Dubai, which is really hard to describe unless you've been there. It reminds me of a final outpost on some alien homeworld in a Star Trek film. I got here at about 6 Am, and did the only sensible thing one would do in such an environment.
I found the nearest Irish pub.
As I enjoyed my first well earned pint of the day along with my final Belmont Mild, I took in my surroundings. The pub was filled with American and British Soldiers, Russian Hookers, Professional Chinese Gamblers and Ukranian gangsters. Exactly my kind of place. I found it fitting the song playing in the background was "As Time Goes By". Another Rick's Cafe, filled with lost souls.
L'aventure commence!

No comments:

Post a Comment