Thursday, January 28, 2010

On Reclusiveness and Rockets

"What really knocks me out is a book, when you're all done reading it, you wished the author that wrote it was a terrific friend of yours and you could call him up on the phone whenever you felt like it."
-Holden Caufield, Catcher In The Rye.


We have contact.....Initiate starting sequence....we have ignition.....Liftoff in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1.......
I have just made contact with someone who is a former resident and presently works with several youth organizations with Kibera links. I am extremely happy to say that I have just hired her as Matatu Express's Unit Production Manager. Welcome to the team Christabell! Heading into Kibera tomorrow afternoon to do some location scouting for exteriors, probably shoot some video and definitely some stills. It will also be an opportunity to meet my "fixer" or "point man" Peter, who will be my guide to Kibera. Can`t wait. Matatu Express is finally taking off.
The above quote is in honour of J.D. Salinger, who passed away today. I came across that quote today. It's ironic considering he became such a recluse, refusing to speak with any of his fans. Anyhow, R.I.P buddy, Catcher In the Rye will always remain a classic in my books.

No comments:

Post a Comment